INTRODUCTION

CAN IT BE CURED?

Is a question many people ask when they find out their child is Autistic or Dyslexia. To anyone finding out their child has special needs can lead to panic, frustration and worry for their child. Their world has literally shifted in an unpredictable way, one they are not prepared for because being Autistic and Dyslexia is not normal.

While I was at college and my teacher found out I was dyslexic he asked me a question that has always stuck with me.

"What's it likes to be dyslexic?"
I replied, "I don't know, what's it like being normal?"

I don't think anyone in this universe could possibly answer my question. 

I remember looking at my mum and seeing the shocked expression on her face when we were told I was dyslexic. I saw that expression again, years later when we confirmed that I was also autistic. To a parent its a shock to the system, you become more protective and wary of your child, when you find they have special needs. 

But for us, the world is no different from the time we're born to the time you tell us we have special needs because we've always been special. 






Comments

Popular Posts